This is a new role which will offer the opportunity to an aspiring Finance professional to develop their skills, gain practical experience and contribute to the day to day running of a busy, small, charity finance department.
The main skills sought are a willingness to take responsibility for a variety of tasks and to do so accurately and thoroughly and to learn on the job. It is a small team which will allow exposure to different aspects of accounting but also makes a “hands on” attitude essential.
Purpose of the role
- Provide support to the Finance Manager and undertake accounting and administrative tasks as required
- Process daily transactions in sage50 cloud accounts professional
- Manage supplier records and invoices in sage50 cloud accounts.
- Keep accurate records of purchase orders and goods received notes.
- Assist in the implementation of new finance procedures and controls
Main Duties and responsibilities.
- Input transactions from bank statement to sage.
- Manage supplier invoices to prepare for payment, matching approved PO’s and Goods received notes.
- Ensure that there is a signed PO saved on the server for all purchases.
- Supplier query resolution.
- Keep accurate records of Purchase Order coding for accruals.
- Update sage supplier details
- Managing petty cash
- Banking cheques and filing financial information
- Interest in persuing a career in Finance ideally with experience of working within a small finance team already
- Current Sage 50 knowledge essential
- Advance knowledge of excel
- Aptitude for learning software applications.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Basic understanding of the charity sector.
- Ability to work on own initiative and from home if necessary
Please send CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com