We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Donor Care Assistant to join our successful and exciting team, who is passionate about Chain of Hope’s cause and eager to grow our reach and help raise further funds to continue our work.
This post is part time. A degree of flexibility is expected on both sides, as there may be times when work takes you outside of these hours (especially when working on events) and there is also an understanding that when necessary, you may need to work earlier or later. This will be accommodated wherever possible.
Key Areas and Responsibilities
This role will allow Chain of Hope to deliver excellent service to donors and prospective supporters to build strong and loyal relationships through written and verbal communication, efficient administration of donations and maintenance of accurate database records.
- To be the primary member of the team to deal with donation administration and donor queries
- Responsible for ensuring that data for all income is recorded into our in-house database (ThankQ) ensuring we maintain data integrity by achieving a high level of attention to detail
- To maximise on Gift Aid opportunities and to record accurately on the database
- Prepare quarterly Gift Aid claims in preparation for submission to HMRC
- To write and send thank you letters and other stakeholder correspondence
- Monthly income reconciliation in collaboration with the finance manager
- Screening phone calls and handling enquiries
- To assist at fundraising events (occasional evenings and weekends)
- To be compliant with Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice
- To undertake a range of general administrative tasks, as required
- To be able to work under own initiative, instruction from others and as part of a team.
- Adhere to the charity’s ‘Know Your Donor’ policy
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
Skills and Experience
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong administrative experience in an office environment
- Providing excellent customer service to a broad supporter base
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Database experience
- Efficiently manage your time to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work pro-actively and flexibly
- Degree or equivalent is desirable
- Previous experience of supporting a busy fundraising and/or events team
- Previous Gift Aid experience
- Experience/ambition to work in the not-for-profit sector
Email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org