Chain of Hope runs a global referral programme to help provide treatment to children with heart disease who would otherwise not survive.
These cases are mostly emergencies which are referred to us by local physicians, who send the child’s medical information to our Medical Board. If the Medical Board believe that Chain of Hope can help, then arrangements are made to fly the child to one of our partner hospitals for treatment.
We also support the child and their family after their operation relying on wonderful Host Families who care for a child in their home for up to a month.
Chain of Hope partners with world class hospitals and institutions to fund and provide treatment for these children who are desperately in need. These hospitals include:
- The Harley Street Clinic, London
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital NHS Trust, London
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, London
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Health City, Bangalore, India
- Leipzig Heart Centre, Germany
- Aswan Heart Centre, Egypt
Our partnership with The Harley Street Clinic enables us to offer treatment to a number of children every year in world-class facilities and with the expertise of our renowned surgeons, including our Vice President Professor Marc de Leval, and Trustee Mr Victor Tsang.